Monday, March 27, 2023

Editing Switch

 iMovie to Adobe

Today I made the executive decision to stop editing on iMovie and switch to Adobe Premiere Pro. Although I got a decent amount of work done on iMovie already, I didn't like how it was coming out. Therefore, I started to download Adobe on my brothers computer to get to work immediately.



The problem with this was at around 45.5% of downloading, it stopped moving. For about 2 hours there was no progression. This is when I took matters into my own hands and canceled the download and moved to my desktop. 


I got onto my desktop and after a short period of time Adobe was downloaded. As I started to get my first clip in, I realized that it was extremely laggy. I knew this would be a huge problem because all I had in was a 3 second clip. So, I rendered it, and it took hours to render this short clip. At this point I was freaking out because I needed to edit and finish the opening video ASAP so I could start the CCR. 


Shown above is the 3 second clip I was having issues with.


I then called my brother and asked him to help me set up Adobe on his computer. I wanted to see if it was just me not being able to set it up. So, after an hour or so my brother and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't working.


This is when I reached out to my friends to see if any of them have a working device I could use Adobe on. My friend Matthew said I could use his computer and edit at his house. I was content to hear this, but still frustrated with the whole situation.


So, tomorrow I will be going to Matthew's house to start to edit the opening video. From this specific situation, I learned that I need to be more prepared before it comes to the time to edit. I should have set up Adobe prior to the start of post-production. Although this situation was an extremely time-consuming inconvenience, I will put this behind me and finish this project exceptionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...