Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Editing Start Part 2

 Second Attempt

Here we are again! Today I went to Matthew's house and started editing. At first, when I sat down to start working I got nervous because Adobe was not loading up, but it eventually got up and running.


The first thing I did was upload all of my clips to Adobe. I believe I did so in the most insufficient, time-consuming way. It took 2 hours to upload all clips because I did it on Google Drive. As soon as the clips finished uploading, I got to work.


I decided that I would first put all the clips together and then do sounds, coloring, etc. after. So, I started doing this and after getting a minute done I realized I was in trouble. The first minute was the protagonist in the kitchen, while the rest of the main content would have to be the other minute. This made me realize we filmed too much and couldn't fit everything in the 2 minute time limit. So, I decided I would still put them all together and see how long it was. After doing so, I had a total of 3 minutes and 30 seconds. I was shocked. This was devastating. Lots of hard work was going to have to go down the drain.



Shown above is the clips I had to take out of the video.


So, after a long thought decision, I deleted the whole kitchen scene and was left with 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I then started trimming long clips and got it down a few seconds. I realized the maximum amount of time I could do is 2 minutes 15 seconds, so I deleted more clips to get there. I ended up getting to 2 minutes and 14 seconds!


Without further edits and only putting them together, the video looked great. I was excited to get the other parts finished to make it even better! Unfortunately, due to the circumstances making me edit on my friend's computer, I could not get to that point today, so I will get to that soon.


Today made me realize I needed to be more organized and realize that the time limit cannot be ignored. I clearly made a great mistake by going over almost double the time limit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...