Friday, February 17, 2023

Research Resumed!

 Genre Research

Today, my group and I decided on which genre we were going to be doing in the Portfolio Project. After long thought, horror was what we came up with. Horror is all of our favorite genre, so making an opening for a horror film fills my group and I with excitement.

More about Horror

After deciding on the genre, researching more about it is the next step. I immediately went to Google and researched on different websites about horror. I learned about different types of horror, what attracts the target audience, and certain conventions within horror films. One important information I obtained was that horror used unusual angles to make the viewer confused and feel unsettled. I also learned that lighting should be dark, with lots of shadows to make the viewers feel on edge. Lastly, I found that sounds play a huge role in making suspense, such as a high pitch key.

Looking Forward

Researching on the horror genre sets us up for the content my group and I will put in the video. It almost gives us a checklist for what we include. This also helps with the transition to planning, which we will be doing very soon. 

Resources I used to Research:

Studiobinder

MyTutor

Britannica

MovieWeb

ScreenCraft

PremiumBeat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...