Thursday, February 16, 2023

Getting into Research!

 Research

As my group and I head into the Portfolio Project, we understand that research is extremely important. Before deciding what we are going to do for the video, we had to get more informed on the project and certain parts of it. This is why we spent time focusing on gaining knowledge on what should be achieved and basics of how to do it.


Blogging Research

A big part of the Portfolio Project is to blog your progress. Through blogs, Cambridge sees your project, which is half of the final exam. This is why researching about it was one of the first things I did. While watching a Nearpod given from my teacher, I took notes and highlighted key information needed to have quality blogs. This helped me learn about what I should talk about and how to present it in the blogs.




Storytelling Research

To gain knowledge on having a successful video, we watched a great TED Talk by Andrew Stanton on storytelling.

TED Talk- Andrew Stanton

Shown above is the link to the TED Talk that helped me gain immense amounts of information on how to get a successful video.

 Stanton does this by going through all the different storytelling elements such as characters having a goal/purpose. Great storytelling is key to keeping the audience engaged and enjoy your video. This is why using this TED Talk to research helped me learn a lot about main parts of the video.

Shown above is my notes that I took on the TED Talk.


Video Elements Research

Next, we researched on what needs to be included in the video. This is extremely important because these are the basics for the whole project. I researched by watching a presentation from my teacher and taking notes on key points of the PowerPoint that I knew I needed in order to have a successful final product.

Above shows my notes that I took about the film opening and what needs to be included.


Research sets us up for the rest of the project, so it is crucial that we do it well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...