Thursday, March 16, 2023

We Filmed!

 Filming Is Done!

Today my group and I got the filming done for our video. This is huge! This means we can finally start to put the clips together, edit, input sounds, and complete the opening video. 

My group members came to my house at night, as planned, and we got right to work. Since, my mom and step-dad are leaving to Amsterdam tomorrow, we had to rush so they could get a good sleep. This put us in a scary position because we needed to get all of the shots in such a small period of time.

To help with the filming process, we split our group into different areas. I was filming and directing, Dave was acting as the landscaper, Rafael was taking behind the scene photos and making sure the lighting was correct, and Lucas was helping with the type of shots we were using.


Shown above is me getting a low-angle shot of Dave to make him look more powerful.

Due to us rushing to get shots because my parents had to go to sleep, we decided we would get all of the shots that they are in out of the way. This helped us stay more time efficient and allowed them to get to sleep. 


Shown above is me filming my mom in an extreme close-up to show her reaction to seeing the landscaper through her eyes.

Also, another problem we had other than my parents needing to go to sleep was how we were going to pull off certain scenes, specifically murder scenes. We had trouble finding a way to have the actors fall without getting hurt. We eventually decided we would do an action match cut to give the effect of a fall, without really having to perform it.


Shown above is me recording Dave and my step-dad performing one of the murder scenes.


After filming, I realized how important following a schedule is. We shouldn't have put ourselves in a position where we would have to rush the filming process. Although, I think our shots were great and we will have an amazing final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...