Thursday, February 23, 2023

Research: Fonts

 Fonts

The Portfolio Project is an opening for a film, so I need to pick the right fonts that fit the genre and theme of the video. This is why in this blog I will be talking about my research and decisions on my favorite fonts that I will use in my video.


Chiller

Shown above is the first font I may use. It is called "Chiller" and clearly shows a horror theme which is great for our video. This font has a scary look to it and can put the audience into the mood that we want them to be in.



Smudger



Shown above is "Smudger" which is another font I may use. This font has a powerful, evil feel to it that will tell the audience that they must be prepared for horror. I love this font and it is my favorite out of the few I provided.



ITC Ludwig


This font is called "ITC Ludwig" and it gives the audience a nervous/scary feel. The look of this font is amazing and it is definitely a great contender for a font I will use in the video.




Resources

Scary Fonts - Fonts.com. (n.d.). Fonts.com. Retrieved February 27, 2023, from https://www.fonts.com/content/learning/fyti/typefaces/scary

Andy Storey. (2021, June 11). Top 5 Fonts Used in Horror Movie Posters. Postergrind.com. https://postergrind.com/top-5-fonts-used-in-horror-movie-posters/

Zierlein, K. (2022, February 14). 45 of the Best Horror Fonts for Your Creepy and Scary Designs. Vandelay Design. https://www.vandelaydesign.com/horror-fonts/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...