Sunday, February 19, 2023

Editing Softwares

 Editing Software Choices

In our group, I am the main editor. Last project (Music Marketing), I did all of the editing and it turned out to be a great video that everyone enjoyed. I did this on iMovie, which is an editing software made by Apple. Prior to using iMovie to edit the video, I tried using Adobe Premiere Pro, but I struggled with understanding how to use it. In this blog I will be talking about my research on iMovie and Adobe Premiere Pro.


Shown above is the editing process on iMovie for my Music Marketing project.


iMovie

iMovie is a free software that can be used on mobile phones. This makes it very easy to work on because at any time I can take my phone out and edit. It also has a feature that allows users to make a trailer. This may be something I can utilize while making the opening scene for the Portfolio project. iMovie has plenty of features to use while editing, "options to modify and enhance video color settings, crop and rotate video clips, stabilize shaky videos, add video transitions, and change the speed of clips," says Dakota Wesleyan University. iMovie is amazing!




Adobe Premiere Pro

I really want to understand how to use this editing software because it is very professional and has tons of features. Thanks to the school I go to, Adobe Premiere Pro is provided for free. They also have a software for mobile phones called Premiere Rush. According to the University of Denver, Adobe Premiere Pro has many benefits.

  • Edit footage from any camera in any format, from 8K to virtual reality 
  • Integrate Premiere Pro seamlessly with other apps including Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Audition 
  • Easily reformat your videos 
  • Detect edits automatically
  • Access thousands of high-quality stock audio options 

Shown above is benefits of Adobe Premiere Pro by University of Denver.



Which is better?

Having both editing software downloaded, I can confidently say that iMovie is the better option for ME. I find it much easier to use. Adobe Premiere Pro is a great software, but there is so much I need to learn to be able to understand it. Until then, iMovie is the way to go and I am fine with it being that way!


Resources used

Adobe Premiere Pro | INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. (n.d.). Www.du.edu. https://www.du.edu/it/services/software/software-catalog/8bb172341b162c50689210e58d4bcb69


Video editing app | Mobile video editing | Adobe Premiere Rush. (n.d.). Www.adobe.com. Retrieved February 20, 2023, from https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-rush.html#:~:text=Wherever%20you%20are%2C%20from%20your


Pros and Cons of Using Premiere Pro: 2022 Review. (n.d.). Www.mediatraining.ltd.uk. https://www.mediatraining.ltd.uk/blogs/pros-and-cons-of-using-premiere-pro-2022-review

Becker, A. (n.d.). McGovern Library: iMovie and Creating Videos: Creating Content on iMovie. Library.dwu.edu. Retrieved February 20, 2023, from https://library.dwu.edu/creating_movies#:~:text=What%20is%20iMovie%3F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Creative Critical Reflection Well, this is the end. This journey has been amazing and I am glad you could see every part of the hard-workin...